Harold Atencio, JD
Hal’s years of commitment to the adoption process has made him the most experienced adoption attorney in the State of New Mexico. Over the years he has earned a reputation as the best Albuquerque/New Mexico adoption attorney through his work with adoptive families, birth parents, foster parents and adoptees in agency and independent (direct placement) adoptions, step-parent adoptions, grandparent adoptions, second-parent adoptions, co-parent adoptions, gay adoptions, lesbian adoptions, LGBT adoptions, interstate adoptions, international adoptions, relative adoptions, domestic adoptions and Indian Child Welfare Act adoptions.
- Native New Mexican
- Graduated from the University of New Mexico Cum Laude in General Honors in 1985
- Juris Doctorate from the University of New Mexico in 1988
- Admitted to the New Mexico Bar in 1988
- Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys
- Member of The Adoption and Foster Care Alliance (AFCA) of New Mexico
- Former President of The Adoption and Foster Care Alliance of New Mexico
- Past Chair of AFCA Legislative Committee
- Member of the National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Past Chair of the New Mexico Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Former Insurance Defense Attorney litigating cases on a frequent basis
Hal’s other passion is running. He has completed 15 marathons (3:14 best time) and many 10k runs (39:30 Personal Record). He was also the Race Director for the 2005 Albuquerque Tricentennial 1/2 Marathon.
Hal can be reached via email at Hal@pklegalgrp.com.